Saturday, November 30, 2013

Summer of Many a Tale

Next catch up post will be a rundown of my summer.
I know you think I just sat around the whole time, and you are partially right, but I did do a couple things. One thing I did is go to Summer Seminary. If you have never heard of this, you must know that it is a wonderful wonderful thing! It's seminary, but in the summer! Exciting, I know. They have it once a week, and they switch which teacher teaches each week. It is a blast because only the cool people go! Here's a picture from the first week.
Me, Brianna, Rachel, Callie, Marissa.
Then my really cool friends created an A Capella singing group called the Lads in Plaid and we all went and saw them perform.
The lads themselves: Conner, Tanner, Nate, David, Jack
Jessica, Emily, Marissa, Rachel, Breanna, Brianna
I had my seventeenth birthday and spent my special day going to three different Temples with my friends! To make it a perfect day, the car broke down and we got help from perfect strangers! They were super nice, and it was great to find out that there are still good people out in the world! There were a couple other Temple trips too.
Draper Temple, Jordan River Temple.
Breanna, Brianna, Rachel, and me after driving the car home with all the windows down and the heater blasting on the freeway!

Timpanogos Temple

I took a two week class, nine hours a day, to get my CNA. That means Certified Nursing Assistant. After passing the test to be officially certified in August, I got myself a job at a place called Stonehenge in American Fork. No picture, sorry.

And saddest of all, we said goodbye to one of my best friends, Dallin. He left on July 10 to the Missionary Training Center in Provo. From there he was flown off to Budapest Hungary. He will be back in a long two years! He is one of the finest missionaries out there (along with that other cute Elder Day out there in Sweden).
Elder Day at his last meal with his family before shipping out!

That was my summer! Thanks for reading this long post!

1 comment:

  1. You and your friends are simply gorgeous. YOu know which picture I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete