Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hero's Dance

Yes, another dance. I know, they're endless. Not in a bad way . . . completely. This dance was another boy's choice, but for once it was a casual one for the boys. I thought for sure I wouldn't get asked to this one, but there we were one Saturday night and three boxes of Sweetarts were sitting on my porch with this paper on them

If you can't read the bottom, it says, "P.S. Who floats the bet Ark and has the meanest Polar Bear imitation around?"
This was obviously from my friend Noah. By the way, if you have never heard this kid's impression of a polar bear, you are missing out my friend. It's spot on.
To answer Noah, I baked some cookies in the shape of the letters 'Y' 'E' and 'S.' Then I arranged them on a plate so they spelled "YES." Genius, I know. I did not want to just put the plate on the porch like normal, however, so me and my sister dressed her husband up to help out. We got nylons and put them over his head, put him in a black hoodie, and pinned a sign on him that said "Is Noah here?" We pinned the sign on him so he wouldn't have to talk and ruin the awesome-ness. He just knocked, gave the cookies to him, said "congrats" apparently, and left. 


What a good sport I have as my brother-in-law!


The actual dance was great! For our day date, we went to the BYU Museum of art for the Sacred Gifts exhibit. It was awesome. Then we got ice cream from the creamery because, well, when in Rome, you know? Despite a couple close calls in the car due to over tiredness of the teenager driving, we made it home safely. After changing into our matching t-shirts, we were off for pictures, dinner, and then the dance. Noah and I are the handsome couple sporting the VW shirts. Yeah, we were way more awesome than anyone at the dance! It was a black light dance, and we had a great night pretending we know how to dance and trying to impress each other with our supposed "skills."

The Group




And there you have it folks. Another date done and a better friendship with Noah! Mission accomplished.


3 comments:

  1. Man, I still wish we could have gotten Trevor to look more creepy. Oh well. And if only the pictures we got truly captured it. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete