I know it has only been five days of this month, but it has already been the best! The first thing I will talk about is choir. I am in the choir at school called the Chamber Choir. It is super fun! Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to church headquarters and sing while the general authorities came into work. It wasn't an official concert. We just stood in a staircase, and they told us we could be heard on all five floors of the building. Not many people use the entrance we were in either, so we only saw the general authorities that came down to see us. I must admit that when Elder Oaks himself stepped out of the elevator to see us, my mouth went dry and my singing was considerably more poor than usual. Eventually I got over my star struck-ed-ness, and when Elder Bednar and his wife stepped out of the elevator to watch us, I didn't even flinch. Sure I was sweating a little more, but I didn't flinch.
 |
| I'm pretty sure this is what Elder Bednar and Oaks were doing after watching our performance. |
Then today, Chamber Choir went to BYU for a competition we were invited to compete in. They let us record three of our songs, and we will pick the best one and submit it. Then some judges will listen to our recording and the recordings of other schools and decide on the best one. The winner gets to go on BYU's radio show. Fingers crossed that we nailed it!
After recording at BYU, we went to the mall for lunch. Me and my friends had our first spotting of Santa for the season!
We were supposed to pay to get a picture of Santa, so this was the best picture I could get on the run from the security guys who caught me trying to climb the fence separating me and the big guy! Just kidding. Maybe. I'm pretty sure Santa is in there somewhere.
While we were eating lunch at the mall, we all started singing our favorite song and created a sort of "flash mob." Somehow none of us thought to record it although there were random people there pulling out their phones to record us. I just feel bad because to finish the song, our whole choir gathered together in the middle of the food court. The only problem was, we sort of gathered around a table with some mom and her son. She tried to pretend we weren't there, but it was still awkward.
The last thing to complete the best month ever, is my pants. You see, when my brother Jason was student body president at AFHS, he bought these nasty green sweats and made it tradition to wear the sweats every day of December until Christmas without washing them! They have been ceremoniously passed down through the years, and it is my pleasure and duty to wear them this year!
Here is a typical outfit this month for me. A math t-shirt, the sweats, and some boots. Go comfy or go home!
To go to BYU today, my teacher said I had to wear jeans. Don't worry, it was tight, but I fit my sweats under my jeans. I stayed quite warm.
Here are some pictures just for my brother Dallin. He sported this get up last year and my dad wouldn't let him out of the house.
Now I know what you are thinking: "those sweats are so fine, I just have to see the back of them!" Well never fear . . .
And on that note . . . Thanks for reading! I hope your month is going as well as mine.
You are an odd duck, and sounded a LOT like Dallin in here...just saying.
ReplyDeleteBahaha! Remember to copy and paste this to Dal so he can see the pics. Amazingness.
ReplyDeleteJust.... There's nothing to say.
ReplyDeleteI am more in love than I already was. Oh man . . . What a great five minutes of mine! I shall read again for the humor was great! Thanks for the post!
ReplyDeleteThe math t-shirt, sweats, and boots.....Emily you are KILLING ME!!!!! You rock!!!!! Ty agrees with your 'go comfy or go home'. You go girl:)
ReplyDelete