Zion's and Wisdom Teeth
Well, it's official. I am absolutely wisdom toothless! I didn't have to miss school or anything. We had spring break last week and we were told by Dallin that choir tour would be that week, so we planned my wisdom teeth getting taken out for Wednesday. Turns out choir tour was this week, so we took a two day trip to Zion's National Park on Monday and Tuesday. We had lots of fun too. On the Drive up, we stopped and had lunch with Lizzie and Jon and Luke. We went to a nice restaurant where Luke decided it would be rather fun to throw up while the waitress stood there stupidly not knowing what to do. It was great. Never a dull moment with the McNaughtons (sorry if I butchered the spelling). But Zion's was good. Dallin gets really annoyed at us since he has to drag us everywhere, but there is a certain amount of hiking a person can do, and Dallin can do ten times the amount as I can and ten times faster. We ended our trip with the hike Dallin wanted to do most, Angel's Landing. We had one hour to go up and one hour to go back so we could be home in plenty of time. The estimated time for Angel's Landing is two hours up, two hours back. Mom and I slowly made our way up and Dallin ran on ahead trying to make it all the way to the top. Unbelievably, Mom and I made it to Scout's Lookout, which is just 1.1 miles short of Angel's Landing (future notice: watch out for those Walter's Wiggles they are killers). Angel's Landing is very beautiful, but you have to go on a path about two and a half feet wide with cliffs on both sides. So even if we had had the time, Mom and I wouldn't have gone up if you paid us. Dallin made it all the way to the top of Angel's Landing and back in two hours with the predicted time of four. That kid. We gave the camera to Dallin and he took a total of three pictures from the top.
This last one is a picture of the California Condor which Dallin saw from Angel's Landing. It's not a good picture, but it is really cool he saw it since it is the second biggest bird in the world. It has a nine and a half foot wingspan. It is second to another kind of Condor which has a ten foot something wingspan. Oh, and this is a picture of what we saw of Angel's Landing.
Dallin also went into the Hidden Canyon alone. Mom and I went the whole marked path, but once we hit the sign that said, major scrambling required, and saw the huge boulder blocking the way, we sent Dallin in with the camera with some 80 year old couple who put me and Mom to shame. Here is the picture he got in front of the arch in the Hidden Canyon.
And here are some other pictures of us risking our lives going up to the point of Hidden Canyon we did. Note the chains that are being held on to for dear life.


Finally, here are some of the pictures Dad took while waiting for us while we were hiking Angel's Landing. He saw some goats and couldn't resist.
We came home on Tuesday night and I got my teeth taken out on Wednesday morning. Sorry, no funny videos of me coming out of unconsciousness. I fell asleep and I woke up, that is it. The oral surgeon gave me a backpack after I had my wisdom teeth out. It had Princess Bride on DVD in it, a Sudoku book, a thing for a free smoothie at Roxberry, and some gaws of course.
Overall I had a, well, an interesting Spring Break!
Love the pictures! So glad you blogged them! It makes me want to go hiking. I'm gonna miss these hikes once we move.
ReplyDeleteI pretty much laughed through this whole thing. You're my favorite.
ReplyDeleteI like you! A lot. You are a funny girl! :)
ReplyDelete